How can you withdraw cash from the SBI ATM with the OTP & YONO Mobile App?
SBI OTP based cash withdrawal system
SBI stated in a tweet on December 4, 2021: “Our OTP-based cash withdrawal system for transactions at SBI ATMs is a vaccine against fraudsters. Protecting them against fraud will always be our top priority.” Customers are given a one-time password for their registered cell phone number, which they must verify at an ATM before they can withdraw cash worth more than Rs. 10,000. For a single cash withdrawal, this OTP-based cash withdrawal system verifies the customer and their cell phone number. This is how the OTP-based cash withdrawal mechanism works, according to the SBI tweet.
- When withdrawing cash from an SBI ATM, a one-time password (OTP) is sent to the customer’s registered cell phone number. This OTP is a four-digit number that is used to verify the identity of the user for a single transaction.
- According to SBI, this protects SBI cardholders from unauthorized cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- The OTP-based cash withdrawal system applies to withdrawals of Rs. 10,000 and more from SBI ATMs.
SBI YONO cash
YONO Cash was introduced in 2019 and is a method that can be used both in the YONO app and in the YONO web portal. SBI customers can withdraw cash at any SBI ATM, SBI Merchant POS terminals or Customer Service Points (CSPs) without using their physical card by logging into the YONO platform and using the YONO Cash function to Receive a reference number and a dynamic PIN for cash withdrawals.
They can then complete the transaction using the same PIN to withdraw cash from SBI ATMs, POS terminals or CSPs. Carrying a physical card to withdraw cash has a number of disadvantages including the possibility of card theft, browsing, card trapping, skimming and even ATM cards stuck in the ATM due to an ATM malfunction. The most common problem is that you always have to remember your card PIN, which can be forgotten at any time. The YONO Cash system is designed to help you overcome all of these shortcomings.
Steps to use the YONO cash payout system
- Open the YONO app and log into your account with the required access data.
- On the start page, tap on âYONO Payâ and select the âYONO Cashâ option.
- Now, under the ‘YONO Cash’ option, tap on the ATM option.
- Now select your direct debit account and enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Now create a ‘YONO Cash PIN’ and tap on ‘Next’.
- Now check the transaction details and accept the terms and conditions by tapping on ‘Confirm’.
- You will now receive a YONO Cash reference number on your registered mobile phone number or email address, which is valid for four hours.
- Search now for the nearest YONO Cash Points or visit your nearest SBI ATM directly.
- Now enter the YONO Cash transaction number that you received by SMS and email, and enter the same amount that you previously transmitted during the transaction reference number generation process.
- Now enter the YONO Cash PIN you generated and your transaction will be successful after successful authentication.
SBI cash withdrawal limit and fees
SBI currently offers four free ATM transactions. The bank would charge a fee of Rs. 15 + GST ââfor any cash withdrawal transaction from a branch channel / ATM over and above the free limit. Fees for cash withdrawals apply at SBI and non-SBI ATMs as well as in the home branches.